I started Castle Coaching Fitness in 2016 with the aim of helping runners of all abilities to achieve their goals. Based in Stafford I offer a range of different services including tailored training plans, one-to-one coaching and workshops. I have worked with individual runners, triathletes, running groups, clubs and athletes from other sports looking to improve their running technique.
At Castle Coaching Fitness I believe that it is important to work closely with the clients to understand their training history and developmental needs whilst overseeing their training and making changes where necessary to help them achieve their goals.
UKA Level 4 Endurance Coach and Competing Athlete
I am a UKA level 4 endurance coach (marathon training) with level 3 strength and conditioning and MSc in Sports Coaching. I have over 20 years of coaching experience which includes:
- Club endurance coach
- UKA Paralympic athletes talent identification programme
- Flying squad visits and club run on behalf of England Athletics
- Lead tutor on the LiRF courses for both England Athletics and Welsh Athletics
- Lead tutor on the national Run Leader workshop programme for England Athletics
- Invictus games camps
- Workshops for runners and clubs
- Coaching University running clubs
- Coaching Masters athletes to win medals at regional and national level
I have written several articles for BMC news and have been interviewed on local radio to discuss endurance training and the Stafford Half Marathon.
I have over 30 years as a competing athlete and as a result am able to really understand the importance of effective training from the perspective of the runner as well as the coach. I have been lucky enough to have had a successful running career at both senior and masters level, with some of my highlights including:
- British Masters titles over 10 mile and half marathon distance
- Team silver at the World Masters half marathon championships in both Lyon, France and Perth, Australia
- Individual silver in the 5000m at the European Masters Games in Turin
- Winning the Conwy, Stafford, Rhyl and Wrexham half marathons
Plan, Train, Achieve